Friday 19 January 2007

Lino prints!

Hello,

This printing business is set to be a weekly event at a print studio in Bath (the same place as the letterpress). It's an intrigueing place - lots of old printing machines and trays and trays of letters!

Anyway, this week I decided to have a go at lino printing, which is something I don't think I've done since GCSE art.
So, I translated a detail from an illustration I had previously done in Illustrator into a lino cut - this one was supposed to be the practice piece, but it took ages to cut out, so, here it is!















I'm going to do letterpress again next week to give myself time to cut a really good (hopefully) lino for the following week. Should be interesting.
Watch this space for more printing and letterpress... I'm also working on my website at the moment, so this blog should get a bit more exciting once I get that under control.

Toodle pip.

No comments: